The Community Hub provides a focal point and facilities to enable a wide range of community activity, bringing residents of all ages together to improve the quality of life in the area.
Pioneer Community Hub is an important strand of Pioneer Project’s work.
Celebrations punctuate the work of the organisation, giving communities reasons to come together. Our celebratory events are creative and aspirational. They celebrate individual skills and expertise, and often the powerful and transformative effect of community activism.
The Community Hub is based on King Street in Bentham, it provides a focal point and facilities to enable a wide range of community activity, bringing residents of all ages together to improve the quality of life in the area.
The building is accessible to all groups in Bentham and surrounding areas, offering multi-purpose community accommodation providing a range of high quality and cost effective services to the local community. It also has the potential to develop new services in response to changing community needs.
- Ground Floor: Entrance foyer, access to lift and basement toilets
- First Floor: Looking Well Studios – a creative arts space, with kitchen area and balcony – ideal for group activities
- Second Floor: Bentham Community Library, a fresh bright space with computer access and the opportunity to relax with a hot drink and meet other residents. Disabled toilet
- Third Floor: A hive of activity housing the offices of Pioneer Projects who own and manage the building.
- Garden: A good sized garden offering another place to meet, relax or grow vegetables
As well as activities in the building, the Hub supports a range of other local activities such as guided walks and community events such as the Bentham Carnival. We also provide opportunities for local people to volunteer across our range of services.
We comply with current Disability Discrimination Act and Health and Safety requirements and the building has been designed to high environmental standards.