We help Cumbrians to reduce their heating bills or adapt their homes for flooding, among other sustainability projects. Current schemes: Free draught-proofing equipment & installation in Carlisle & Eden; Free home-improvement audits for flood-risk properties.
A bit more about CAfS: We're a charity working across Cumbria from our base in Penrith, helping individuals, businesses and communities to become more sustainable.
CAfS promotes low carbon living, energy saving and reduced use of fossil fuels throughout Cumbria, by providing information, advice and motivation through educational events, site visits and practical projects.
We work with householders, local environmental action groups, parish councils, communities, businesses, indeed anyone who wants to help tackle climate change and rising energy costs in Cumbria.
* Providing energy-saving advice and installing draught proofing materials
* Supporting communities and organisations to take action to be more sustainable, through providing advice, information and resources
* Providing training and events to increase skills of those in the area from homeowners to architects and planners, particularly on how to improve energy efficiency of older buildings
* Organising the annual Cumbria Green Build Festival, encouraging people to open up their homes and businesses to help others undertake greener practices.
* Providing various services from home energy audits, to bespoke projects for local agencies.