We provide a range of services to support and enhance the lives of unpaid Carers of all ages and enable them to continue in their caring role. These include:
- Carers’ assessments. Every Carer receives an assessment of their needs which enables us to target the support we offer.
- One to one support with a Carers’ Support Worker.
- Contingency plans for Carers. In the event of an emergency for the Carer the plan ensures the person they care for is safe.
- A sitting service for the cared for.
- Counselling, with professionally qualified volunteers.
- Relaxation therapy treatments.
- Monthly support groups in various parts of South Lakeland and a weekly Drop in Centre in Kendal for adult Carers.
- Support groups for young Carers.
- A variety of social events.
- Production of two newsletters each quarter, one aimed at young Carers and one for adult Carers.
- Signposting on to other agencies and organisations where necessary.
- Individual grants to Carers, to support them in their caring role.
We offer specialist projects and activities for young Carers