Cumbria Gateway operates a Handy Person & You Choose Scheme throughout Carlisle and the surrounding area.
Handy person Scheme
We provide a friendly, professional, low cost minor repairs and gardening service for elderly and vulnerable residents in the community. We offer a flexible, bespoke service which meets the needs of individual clients including:
• Maintenance: dripping taps, bleeding radiators, installing washing machines replacing light
bulbs and fittings.
• Decorating: painting, re-sealing baths/showers, tiling, patching damaged plaster.
• Mobility: fitting stair banisters, hand rails.
• Gardening: mowing lawns, cutting hedges, weeding, putting up fencing or gates.
• House clearance: furniture removal.
• Odd jobs: cleaning gutters, boarding up windows, fixing doors, hanging pictures, fitting blinds/curtains, putting up shelves, assembling furniture, changing locks.
You Choose Independent Support
We provide a friendly, professional, low cost home support for elderly & vulnerable residents in Carlisle and surrounding area.
• Accompany to appointments and social activities.
• Light meal preparation,
• Domestic cleaning,
• Changing beds,
• Wellbeing visits
• Collecting prescriptions.
• Dealing with correspondents & making telephone calls.
Please note that Personal Care is not included.