Integrated Care Communities are integrated teams of health and care workers, voluntary organisations and wider community assets who work together to practice population health with a mobilised population.
The population health approach is about reducing health inequalities, intervening earlier to reduce avoidable ill health and supporting people in their own homes, drawing on the existing resources in the system, new ways of working and connecting with community assets.
Our ICC works across organisations in a defined geographical area with a population of c.32,500 people.
We aim to:
• Understand the problems and set clear goals for improvement
• Focus on all determinants of health, not just healthcare
• Generate shared accountability for improving Population Health
• Empower people and communities to develop their capabilities
• Embed health equity as a core part of our population health strategy