• Telephone your service user on an agreed date and time (once a week for approximately 20 – 30 minutes as agreed between parties). The option to support more than one client if requested can be arranged.
• To have a home landline or mobile phone and a location from which you can make phone calls without distraction and within a confidential environment. If this is not possible, it may be possible to arrange confidential space at Sight Advice offices.
• To provide over the phone social contact to engage your client and encourage them to feel part of their community, to improve the quality of their lives
• To keep a note of when you have made your calls
• To maintain a record of expenses used for phone calls (if incurred) when calling from your home phone, or for travel to Sight Advice offices if you prefer to use a workplace phone
• To participate in regular monitoring and evaluation of the service