• Using the resources available at the hospital desk (Central Information Hub), provide patients and/or their carers with information about the services offered by Sight Advice
• Provide patients and/or their carers with initial information on the range of aids which are available to assist them in their daily life
• Provide patients and/or their carers with emotional support if required
• Initiate the processing of referrals of patients and/or their carers to our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) or other specialist staff at Sight Advice if appropriate
• Complete recording and monitoring forms as required
• Ensure information leaflets on display in the hospital are fully stocked and up to date including those in the Eye Clinic
• To be a point of liaison in the Macular Clinic on the days that the Eye Clinic Liaison Officer is not present
The Hospital Volunteers are also playing an increasing part in raising awareness of Sight Advice and the issues affecting visually impaired people amongst the hospital staff.